Chuck Sherwood

Well, we'll see. I got a very short reply from the Prez (I think),
stating that I would receive more information "pretty soon".

This is what I heard through my contacts that I should not name
in a public forum without their consent.

Bowling Green site was a large area adjointed to a shopping center.
This location was used for lots of shows (like gun shows).
The postivies on this was you could walk over to the food court
for lunch and there was plenty of free parking (but you might
have to walk a bit). Apparently the owner got a better offer
and canceled all shows without any notice. Lucky for NAMES,
they have some time to find another place. I guess they didn't
read the fine print about cancelation policy.

I heard that southgate civic center told NAMES the civic center
was still available. NAMES told them they were not interested.
I find this interesting.

Apparently they setting on the Toledo site listed on their web
site. I am curious as to why. The admission price is listed at
8 bucks on the names web site. However I was told it costs 5
bucks a day to park and if you leave and come back, it cost
another 5 bucks. I do not know about food services but I
wonder if food at a convention center will be overpriced.

I was also told that the vendor tables are more expensive
and they have fire marshals walking the floor to make sure
the vendors don't overrun their area. I was also told they
charge for things like the fork lift (35 bucks each up/down)
that was apparently free at southgate civic center. Each
power outlet cost $40 (it was 10 at southgate)

It would be nice to hear from a vendor (are you out there scott)
as to the what the cost difference really is and will it
affect vendor attendance.

chuck