DE

On Fri, 07 Oct 2005 07:21:21 GMT, Bill Schwab
wrote:

An edge/center finder is on its way. For most things, layout lines will
probably be more than sufficient. Otherwise, I am thinking of
drilling a reference hole for "when" I get lost, and then working
relative to it.

Reading suggestions are welcome.

Bill

Congrats on the new tool

I have a RF45 clone and I disassemble it completly and cleaned it
after uncrateing it.

Got *lots* of grit n grime out of the nooks n crannies that the
factory includes--- at no extra charge.

.. In regards to losing the register some have suggested using a small
inexpensive laser mounted on the head to relocate after moving the
head. Not sure if its accurate enough..

The only modification I plan on is to replace the 1ph motor with a
3ph and a VFD for better speed selection.
I chose a power feed over a dro for a option but will add a dro
later.

The tooling requirements seem to be nearly endless.
I have an equal amount of $ in tooling as I spent on the basic
machine. BTW I really enjoy mine and it does very nice work.
If I upgrade to a bigger mill it will be a horizontal..

There is a yahoo milldrill group
that might be a source of info..

DE