Sherman

On Wed, 05 Oct 2005 12:32:38 -0500, Bo Williams
wrote:

dean wrote:
Hello all I have a log splitter with a GX390 engine (13 HP) and its
very noisey, was just wondering if anyone knows of a way to quiet the
thing down?

Relatively little of the noise is exhaust noise; going on a muffler hunt
probably isn't going to be very satisfying.

Honda GX engines are some of the quietest single-cylinder small engines
available. If it's newly noisy, I'd look for a cause; if it's as it's
been since new, you've probably already got it pretty good.

Probably true, but never the less, you can still muffle the exhaust
sound. Just don't restrict the air flow and create back pressure.