Default floors in new house

We are having problems with our builder Redrow. We moved into our new
home 16 months ago....

See following for more info
http://groups.google.co.uk/group/mis...hread/thread/=
11c3f6fc51f93744

Our last remaining problem is our upstairs floor. The floor beams sit
at different levels. This is cause to our unlevel floors and we cannot
lay floor coverings.

Redrow has tried to repair the floors once and promised they would not
bodge it to just within tolerance. Well that is exactly what they did.
Our floors still do not meet the NHBC standards. Apparently the
standards are not actually standards but guidelines. If there is going
to be too much cost involved with fixing things to within standards
then the NHBC does not force the builder to do so.

We have had professionals round to look at the floors and they have
agreed that the floors are unsuitable for coverings and cannot believe
the mess Redrow has left our floors in. It is going to cost us approx
=A33000 to fix the problems by packing the floor boards. That is all our
savings.

Is there something else we can do???

Since removing a floorboard last night we have discovered that Redrow
have bodged the packing they carried out and there is random pieces of
plastic and plywood over the beams and the floorboard in some places
are not screwed into the beams just resting on it.

I am at a loss...

Kelly