James Sweet wrote:
"Michael Kennedy" wrote in message
Can you say "Implode!"

That really shouldn't be much concern, modern TV's are designed so that an
implosion that sprays anything beyond the enclosure is very unlikely, now
with the back off it's a whole different story but the face of a CRT is made
of very thick glass and the shadow mask helps shield any internals.

About 15 years ago, I thought an imploding picture tube would be cool,
so some friends and I found an old TV in the dump, and while hiding
down behind a mound of dirt 15 or 20 feet away, we threw a heavy metal
fence post at it.

Repeatedly.

Then we walked up to the TV and rammed it with the post or swung at it
over and over again.

Eventually, we got a few cracks in the screen. Nothing dramatic except
that we were all out of breath from taking turns swinging the fence
post. I couldn't believe how tough the glass was.

No idea about the strength of the back side of the tube, though.