Ken Sterling

That's a great technique I've used many times, but it doesn't work for
needle bearings, unless they have an inner race (rare) and are sealed.

Agreed. Great technique and idea... But ours look sorta like this:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/img/rotary/29-2949.jpg

What I had in mind was a reverse puller "thing" that spreads out inside the
needle bearing with "hooks" under it somehow... But no such animal exists
that I'm aware of.
--

Regards,
Joe Agro, Jr.

V8013-R

Joe,
You may be able to turn a shaft to "just fit" down inside the
bearings, but then turn down that diameter a bit more but leave a
ridge on the very end. Split the shaft on the end, bore it out from
the backside and make sort of an expanding mandrel with a ridge on the
very end which will "hook" onto the case of the bearing. You could
even get "fancy" and make the ring sharpened on the outside diameter
so it would wedge itself between the bottom of the hole and the
"frame" of the bearing. HTH
Ken.