Michael Murray

Default Crappy night-time economy 7 electric heaters

Mike Mitchell wrote in message . ..
On Sat, 3 Jul 2004 22:35:59 +0100, "Set Square"
wrote:

If I had them, I'd throw the lot out and put in a decent gas-fired system
with radiators. Not only is this much cheaper to run, but it is also
infinitely more controllable - and provides heat when *you* want it - not
when your supplier says you can have it!

An interesting thread, as I am contemplating whether to go for
properties with Economy 7 heating. The feeling seems to be, no.

snip

As someone who has just bought a flat, Electric Storage heating was
enough to dismiss any potential flat. I didn't even go to see any. No
way. I have lived with it for a few months at future mother in laws.
Gas Combi boiler is (in my opinion!) the way forward.

M.