Roger Shoaf

"Greg Postma" wrote in message
Joe, I used to have a similar problem with brass bushings in pumps, the
bushings would be at the bottom of a blind hole. We used to put about
1/2" of oil(or grease) in the hole and use a piece of round stock that
fil ID of the bushing. After filling the hole and inserting the round
stock we would hit the round stock with a hammer, driving the oil to the
bottom of the hole, which would cause the bushing to lift a little. It
usually took 4 or 5 attempts and the bushing would lift enought that we
could use a modified gear puller to remove the bushing. I don't know if
this would work for you, but it might be worth a try.

That is the trick I use when changing the pilot bearing while doing a clutch
job.

It works good!

--
Roger Shoaf