Roger Taylor

So what are you using around the the house now-days.

I used to use WD40 on everything.. but I have started lately moving
towards white lithium grease in aerosol can.
The wd40 seems to attract dirt and junk when it is dried up. I tend to
now just use it to lubricate while drilling metal.. or to hit a bolt
that I am screwing out.. or to loosten moderately stuck stuff.. but
nothing "long term"
The White Lithim makes a mess when it goes on.. and looks bad, but I
think it has better staying properties.
What do you use for general around the house stuff.. specifically bike
chains & parts

Some of the stuff I use:

Wrench Force extra dry chain lube for bikes. Does not fling off. There are
many brands.
WD-40 (in tiny amounts) for storing tools rust free in garage. It is not a
lube.
Tetra lube or Breakfree for guns, and small parts.
3-in-1 for hinges, non-chain bike mechanisms, and fan bearings.
Lithium grease for high shear apps, such as wheel bearings of all kinds.
Garage Door grease - lith. or silicone - for screw drives and gar. door
hinges.
Silicone grease (will not rot rubber parts) for making up hose joints and
waterproof apps.
Graphite powder for door locks.
Silicone stick for drawer glides, and wood against wood.
Silicone (not wd40!) spray for derailleur and similar bicycle parts.
Get the drift? There is no one good lube, but many.