Owen Davies

LRod wrote:

Was that Russ Zimmerman? I remember he was a Myford dealer and also
taught classes on it. I remember him having ads in Fine Woodworking
back in the '80s or thereabouts.

No, another guy. Actually, the one I knew was only a part-time turner
and a rest-of-the-time general woodworker, making boxes and clocks and
such. He wanted to turn full-time but at that point--ten years
ago--could not make the transition.

I never met Russ Zimmerman. Always wanted to take lessons with him, but
never had the leisure and the money at the same time. I don't know
whether he is still around. Google delivers a woodturning instructor by
that name in Punta Gorda, FL, but I don't know whether it is the same
one. Will check, as I now live in Florida as well.

Owen Davies