Robin S.

In Canada we have provincial exams and certificates. It's very common to go
through an apprenticeship and become a certified machinist (or whatever).
The official title is, as I understand it, "Ontario Certified General
Machinist."

In certain countries, the title does have significant meaning. I believe in
Germany there are specific rules about who can work as a trades person, and
who a company needs to hire in order to sell trade services. I think I heard
a company needs to hire a Meister in the trade, and then may hire journeymen
afterwards. But that could be incorrect.

Regards,

Robin

"Grant Erwin" wrote in message
Never afraid of being wrong and looking stupid, I'm going to step right
out on the banana peel and utter the words: I have never heard of a
machinist certification in the US. There.

GWE