Dave Hinz

On Thu, 6 Oct 2005 22:50:37 +0200, Steve Lusardi wrote:
Tom,
Sounds like a loaded question from someone that doesn't know the business
end of a screwdriver. In answer to your question, No, you assumed wrong. If
there was, it would mean nothing. A machinist is a guy who works at the
trade.

Well...I know guys who don't do it for a living, but who are worthy of
the title "machinist". Me, I'm "a guy with machine tools", and I make
no false pretenses otherwise.

A good machinist is a machinist that machinists with 35 years of
experience call good. If good comes from any other source, the adjective has
no value.

You don't have to be an expert, to recognize an expert. Especially in a
field where quality is hard to fake.

Dave Hinz