Kelley Mascher

If you have any room behind the bearing you might be able to use a
pilot bearing puller with a slide hammmer.

If the aluminum housings are free of the rest of the assembly you can
pour boiling water over the housing and the bearings will pretty much
fall out. You might have to tap the housing a bit but it works
reliably.

Cheers,

Kelley

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 16:55:25 GMT, "Joe AutoDrill"
wrote:

That's a great technique I've used many times, but it doesn't work for
needle bearings, unless they have an inner race (rare) and are sealed.

Agreed. Great technique and idea... But ours look sorta like this:

http://www.mfgsupply.com/img/rotary/29-2949.jpg

What I had in mind was a reverse puller "thing" that spreads out inside the
needle bearing with "hooks" under it somehow... But no such animal exists
that I'm aware of.