George E. Cawthon

Scott wrote:
I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What do
you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

Are you are talking about the Coleman cold heat
thing? If so, pass it up. It is actually to
electrodes very close together and it produces
heat by passing a current from one electrode to
the other through the material to be soldered.
That is, the wire heats but the tip doesn't. Or
it isn't supposed to but in real life the tip also
heats up.

Tried one and it is lousy compared to a regular
gun-- you have to hold it just so, it takes longer
than a regular gun, and the wires get hotter
before the solder melts so there is more chance of
damaging a delicate component.