Scott

Default Cold heat cordless sodering gun opinion

I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What do
you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

Edwin Pawlowski

"Scott" wrote in message

I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What do
you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

This came up here last year. Consensus is "junk"

Amun

"Scott" wrote in message
I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What

do
you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

JUNK !

Talked to lots of people who "had" them. all threw them in the trash once
the tips went bad.

AMUN

Joseph Meehan

Scott wrote:
I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times.
What do you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

It is not a soldering gun, but rather more of a fine point pencil. I
would not bother with one unless I really needed cordless very light duty
tool.

--
Joseph Meehan

Dia duit

George E. Cawthon

Scott wrote:
I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What do
you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

Are you are talking about the Coleman cold heat
thing? If so, pass it up. It is actually to
electrodes very close together and it produces
heat by passing a current from one electrode to
the other through the material to be soldered.
That is, the wire heats but the tip doesn't. Or
it isn't supposed to but in real life the tip also
heats up.

Tried one and it is lousy compared to a regular
gun-- you have to hold it just so, it takes longer
than a regular gun, and the wires get hotter
before the solder melts so there is more chance of
damaging a delicate component.

Pagan

"Scott" wrote in message
I am always leery of infomercials. I've be burnt a couple of times. What

do
you all think of this device, is it a piece of junk? Thanks

Trash.

I got one for Christmas. Tried to use it a couple times, and all I got was
annoyed.

Pagan

Cold Heat Soldering Iron Dave Liquorice UK diy 2 May 28th 05 10:52 PM
Cold Laundry Room - Radiant Heat? George Home Repair 2 October 4th 04 06:24 PM
CH+HW upgrade, unvented or thermal store cylinder? Ian Calderbank UK diy 14 August 15th 04 11:42 PM
Ohmwork [email protected] Home Repair 36 July 24th 04 12:22 AM
Followup: York heat pump replacement - quote sounds high, thoughts? Peter Drier Home Repair 5 June 26th 04 07:31 AM