Goedjn

The house is over 100 years old and I like the look of bare studs,
however, I want to use the attic as a spare bedroom on occassion and
question wheather exposed insulation is healthy? Would it create dust?
I would like to think somewhere there is something more finished that
could be put between the studs. I live in a simi-mild climate so it
wouldn't take much. I don't want to spray anything because I don't
want to empty my attic to do the work!
Any ideas?
Itching to get Started

Take off all your shingles, put down 6 inches of foam, cover that
with a layer of self-vented decking, and re-shingle.