Chris Bacon

meow2222 wrote:
John Rumm wrote:
meow2222 wrote:
equiv to a 150w bulb, a 5' roughly to 250w. So youve got the equivalent
of 800w! kinell. Why do people go so nuts with fl lighting levels?

Because if you are working in there you want lots of light coming from
many different directions. That way you are not always throwing your own
shadow of what you are working on.

(I find 4 x 65W 5' tubes ideal in my workshop (8 x 14') - I have them
switched in two banks of two, but always find all four to be a much
nicer light level for working in. Painting the walls and ceiling "off
white" helps a great deal as well).

The inside of my "workshop" isa also painted white.

Fl lights should be pointed upwards,

If I "point mine upwards" (ooh-err!) I'll be illuminating a lot
of stuff stored in the foof, and not much else.

this avoids any shadow problems,
eliminates glare, gives even lighting and hides the ugly buggers. Shelf
fitting is good for garages, pointless bothering to make trough
fittings.

What's a shelf/trough fitting?

The one thing you dont want to do is stick a bare light
pointing down, least not if you want half decent lighting.

So you don't think much of the fitting above my bench that's
got a polished reflector pointing down, then!

###
___###___ - like that
/ O \