Bill

On Thu, 06 Oct 2005 13:20:21 +0100, Grunff wrote:

Have you considered a condensing one? I *love* our Miele condensing
drier - it's magic.

Yes, I've been toying between the two. Initially I'd plumped for a
condenser, but have since been reconsidering vented for the following
reasons.

Condensers are...

More expensive to buy (about 350 quid as opposed to 270 for the vented
model I'm considering)
Not (quite) as quick at drying.
More expensive (a bit) to run
Need to empty the water frequently (though I could get the drain kit
for the model I considered)
Need to clean out the condenser module sometimes.
Noisier in operation

But the advantage is they are 'fit and forget' (optional drain kit
notwithstanding)

Whatever I buy will be going in the garage, so any increase in ambient
temeprature and /or humidity is not a problem.

My only direct experience of tumble dryers in the past has been 2
washer/dryers (useless at drying, I know!) and my mum's 25 year old
creaky 'Servis' model. I imagine that efficiency has moved on since
then.

I'd appreciate any feedback from anyone about how much slower or
noisier (if at all) condensers are. I'm still willing to change my
mind. The screwfix vent kit was only a tenner wasted if I don't use
it!

Cheers.