World Traveler

"Robatoy" wrote in message
In article .com,
"rob" wrote:

I think its all manufactured in China at this point. The shipping
costs must account for the price.

That wouldn't be the major factor. Shipping flat stock like that is very
efficient (in terms of cubes (physical volume)).

[snip]

Somebody is working the exotic angle.

Is there a business opportunity here? I'm growing two clumps of Giant
Timber Bamboo and some Buddha Belly, as well as other types. The clumps
double in size every year once they're started. Here in Central Florida
there's still plenty of suitable land to start a Bamboo grove of viable
size. My estimate is that it would take about 3 years to have enough bamboo
to begin a commercial activity, and should be self-sustaining after that.

Any ideas? (Don't use my e-mail address -- it's not active --)

Regards --