Lloyd E. Sponenburgh

"Larry Jaques" wrote in message
BUT, since it's chewable by gophers, I'd put in galvanized line (or
wrapped black iron piping) and forget about it...unless you _like_
trenching every year or two. If you want to use that hose, hang it,
don't bury it. Or perhaps bury it encloded in PVC pipe to keep the
gophers away?

Gophers or moles? I am probably mistaken, but thought that gophers dug
primarily to build nests (dens, whatever). Moles, on the other hand, dig in
pursuit of food, and chew through almost anything in their paths.

Around here, it's a problem (moles & underground wires, etc), so we bury
everything at least 12" deep, and that solves it. Moles only work near the
surface.

LLoyd