hammy1967

use electronic starters this will enable cold staarting down to -30 c
"Ron" wrote in message
o.uk...

"david lang" wrote in message
. uk...
Chris Bacon wrote:
Is it OK to daisy-chain fluorescent lights - that is, have
one switch, and continue the cable from the first fitting
to subsequent ones?

Be careful with fluorescents if using power tools, there is a possibility
they can 'flicker' at the same spped as a moving blade/cutter/whatever
and make it look almost stationary.

Dave

another thing about fluorescent lights in a garage, when it is cold mine
takes a long time before it stays on steadily, in fact I have had to put
another light socket in with an ordinary bulb because of this. I have a
freezer in the garage and it is annoying trying to find something with the
light flickering .

Ron