The3rd Earl Of Derby

raden wrote:
In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
raden wrote:
In message ,
The3rd Earl Of Derby writes
Suz wrote:
The power lead on my laptop has broken again - I replaced it less
than a year ago.
[snip]

If the metal prong is dirty scrape the surface with a stanley
blade. bare the wire and wrap solder around wire then heat the
solder with soldering iron.
Next get some solder flux paste from a local electronics shop, with
the paste rub some on the plugs contacts till it flows into place
then put some more paste on the contacts position wire/s over
contacts and apply soldering iron till the solder melts then
withdraw soldering iron but on no account move the soldered job
otherwise dryness occurs.

Sounds more like bukake than soldering to me

Would you care to enlighten us with your rendition of soldering?

Nah - it's a load of wank [1]

just like using flux paste with modern connectors and cables

[1] - well, I did used to get through a 500g reel / month until I
started paying other people to do it for me

Well the reason I said to the OP to use flux paste is because it sounds as
if he's using a crap solder.
Either that or his soldering iron is too low in wattage for the job
intended. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite