raden

In message , The3rd
Earl Of Derby writes
Suz wrote:
The power lead on my laptop has broken again - I replaced it less
than a year ago.

[snip]

If the metal prong is dirty scrape the surface with a stanley blade. bare
the wire and wrap solder around wire then heat the solder with soldering
iron.
Next get some solder flux paste from a local electronics shop, with the
paste rub some on the plugs contacts till it flows into place then put some
more paste on the contacts position wire/s over contacts and apply
soldering iron till the solder melts then withdraw soldering iron but on no
account move the soldered job otherwise dryness occurs.

Sounds more like bukake than soldering to me

--
geoff