The3rd Earl Of Derby

Suz wrote:
The power lead on my laptop has broken again - I replaced it less
than a year ago.
It's a Dell laptop and the leads are notoriously flimsy around the
bit where it plus into the laptop. The insulation has broken and the
exposed wires have been pinging off one by one this last month.

I asked hubby would a drop of solder and loads of tape not sort it
and he said he tried this last time but it didn't work.

My question is why does the solder not work? Is it conductivity of
that type of solder? Is there an easy solution?

TIA
Suzanne

Seems hubby has not been using flux based solder.

Give him a dig and tell him to do it right. :-)

--
Sir Benjamin Middlethwaite