Simon Avery

Default Chasing computer wiring (Cat-5) into plaster over brick wall

Andy Hall wrote:

Hello Andy

Hey, I live in the country - the government's drive for
broadband seems to have petered out once the cherry picking
of built up areas has nearly been exhausted. My local

AH| Is a community wireless solution an option for your area or
AH| are you too spread out?

It's possible, I am only a mile or so away from a village, although
local geography means it isn't line-of-sight. Not sure how fussy that
bit is, or whether I could get away with running some coax half a mile
to the top of the hill without anyone noticing.

I am LOS to a pretty major aerial system (Haldon, S of Exeter) though,
which handles much of the microwave traffic in the area. Be nice if I
could get something from there, but they probably wouldn't appreciate
me climbing it at night with a pringles can and silver foil.

devices, doing many of the automated chores etc. Read too
much sci-fi to want a full sentient house, though - imagine
what it would try to do when you started drilling holes in
its skin?

AH| Do you remember the Star Trek episode where they found
AH| silicon based beings and the doctor treated an injured one
AH| by filling it with Polyfilla?

! Nope, that one must've missed me by!

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK