Suz

Default Solder and conductivity

The power lead on my laptop has broken again - I replaced it less than a
year ago.
It's a Dell laptop and the leads are notoriously flimsy around the bit where
it plus into the laptop. The insulation has broken and the exposed wires
have been pinging off one by one this last month.

I asked hubby would a drop of solder and loads of tape not sort it and he
said he tried this last time but it didn't work.

My question is why does the solder not work? Is it conductivity of that
type of solder? Is there an easy solution?

TIA
Suzanne