Simon Avery

Default Chasing computer wiring (Cat-5) into plaster over brick wall

"James Hart" wrote:

Hello James

JH| http://wrbb.net/

One of many I've checked out, but sadly none are anywhere near me.
(10M S of Exeter)

JH| They're having problems getting the gear approved at the
JH| moment but the idea looks sound enough, it might be a while
JH| before the network spreads around the country but look at
JH| how mobile phones started. There's a bit of interest at the
JH| moment in pubs becoming WiFi mini-ISPs, there's a lot of kit
JH| out there at the moment that can be linked by it and
JH| it makes sense instead of wiring everything together:-
JH| jukebox, quiz machine, internet terminal, email facility,
JH| advertising screens etc.

Yeah, that's not a bad idea at all. TBH I'm not fussed how I get a
better connection, as long as it's fat and has low latency.

--
Simon Avery, Dartmoor, UK
uk.d-i-y FAQ: http://www.diyfaq.org.uk/