dadiOH

dean wrote:
How thick is this piece of plywood?

I specifically suggested 3/4"
___________________

I suppose you mean I use a couple
of 4x8' x 3/4" ply?

Now you're getting it. Except I personally wouldn't make it 48" wide.
No need...all you need is wide enough for your feet and the barrow tire.
Maybe 16"-24"...that way it is lighter, smaller and you only need one
sheet of 4'x8'.
_________________

I would think that would bound and break with all
that weight.

You ever try to break a piece of 3/4" ply? Ever watch workmen barrowing
loads of concrete up a flimsy little ramp?
___________________

But it could work with some supports midway I guess.

No need, especially if you keep the ply in the 16"-24" width suggested
above. If you are really worried, attach a full length 2x4 underneath
at each side of each piece of plywood. A girder IOW. Do that and you
don't need 3/4" ply...1/4" would work and 1/2" would be plenty.

Attach the two ramp pieces together by another short length of 2x4
bolted through the sides of the underneath 2x4s at the join. Or use 2x4
cross pieces at each end of the ply and bolt those together. Patent
pending

--
dadiOH

dadiOH's dandies v3.06...