Arfa Daily

wrote in message
oups.com...

Arfa Daily wrote:
wrote in message
ups.com...
Thankyou very much for the info. This is exactly the kind of response I
like to get when I post a question. Very informative. Now I propose
another question.... my buddy may scrap the thing if it costs too much
for repair. I'm fairly new at repair, but am charging friends
replacement and shipping costs for repair only (no labor). I do this
for the learning experience. If I ever total srew up a peice of
equipment, I am willing to pay for it. I figure this would be the cost
of my training. So.........I do see how to dis-assemble the sub deck
(already have the drive assembly removed), but I was unaware of built
in anti jitter software. I will research for a replacement motor, but
would you have any more info on how to access the jitter software and
it's use? Thankyou again.

As I recall, you press " Tune Mode ( Stop ) " simultaneously with " 5 "
on
the remote control. This should change the display to " JIT xxx " where
xxx
is the jitter value in percent, with the disc running, so a reading of "
JIT
125 " would represent 12.5%, for example. Once you have the JIT display
up,
press play, and let the disc run up, and play normally. Then move a few
chapters into the disc, and note the jitter figure. The 12.5% in the
above
example, would be too high. You are aiming to get the jitter factor down
below 10%, and 6.5% ( reading " JIT 065 " in the display ) is often
obtainable. Consider yourself to be doing well, though, if you can
achieve
8.9%.

It's not easy to adjust the allen screws. With the deck in place, they
are
accessible through three holes in the lower chassis pan, but one at the
front, is partially covered, as I recall, by the front panel, so you have
have this unscrewed and pulled forward. Stand the player on four coffee
mugs
to get your allen key up into the holes. Only adjust half a turn at a
time,
usually clockwise on a new deck ie like tightening a normal screw, and
withdraw the tool and let the deck resettle after each adjustment. When
you
see the figure just start to come down, move round to the next adjuster
screw, and do this one until the figure again starts to drop, then do the
third one. When you have got them all to this point, keep going round
them
in turn until you can get no further improvement. You may need to back
one
or more of the screws off from the initially reached position, to obtain
best reading. If you can imagine, what you are doing is ' rocking ' the
laser in two planes, to get it absolutely parallel to the disc, the
position
of which is governed by the turntable, which is in turn, a function of
how
well the motor fits in the plastic deck.

Hope you manage it ok !! You can always mail me direct if you get in
trouble
with it, rather than making the thread go on for ever in the group.

Arfa

Thankyou a ton. I'll post results.

You're very welcome, friend

Arfa