jim rozen

In article , Robert Swinney says...

Yeah, that "snap" would be me breaking tools.

You'd be suprised, it's easy to get into the swing of
threading this way. I recently did a run of M8X1 fasteners
for my motorbike restoration, granted it's a fine thread
so the feed rate is slow, and if you make a mistake and
over-run the thread end there's not much danger.

But some of them were pretty short, so I was threading
right up to the collet, and nothing went wrong.

First few times doing this I would suggest using a
setup part with large relief runout area, and
getting used to the machine. But with the three phase
power, the spindle comes to a stop and reverses,
very predictably.

Jim

please reply to: