SimonJ

If you look very carefully at the picture on the BBC site, you can see
that
the stabiliser on the left side of the crane has not been extended, if

you
look just below the n/s rear light cluster, you can see the shiny bit on
the
end of the hydraulic ram which is the stabliser leg, compare this to the
left side where the leg is about 10 feet away from the light unit.

I have looked at it and I can't say that I can see what you say.
There is something there but its too low a resolution to be sure.

Save the picture, and blow it up, you can see the bright bit, which in
itself isnt definately the leg, but if you look above it you can see the
dark shape of the rams body (compare it to the other side, you will see it
is a pretty close match)
Also, if you look to the left and beyond the left side light cluster, you
can clearly see a garden gate, and the greenery (lawn?) behind it, if the
leg was extended, that is where it would be, it would be blocking the view
of the gate and lawn.