Tony Bryer

Default wireless programmable thermostats

In article , Ian Middleton wrote:
I have a Drayton Digistat RF3 wireless programmable thermostat to
control my conservatories heating. Cost about £100 but avoided the
need to pull wiring around the walls. Works fine, in fact exactly
the same as the non-wireless one fitted in my house.

Caveat: this unit may have changed since I installed one in our church
several years ago. It had several key disadvantages, the key one being
that if the transmitter lost radio contact the heating stayed off. Not
so much of a problem in a house if you wake up and it feels a bit cold,
but finding this in stone cold church at 1020 on a Sunday morning is
not good news. The other limitation was the programming, 4 time steps
per day as opposed to 6 on the CM67, more importantly the four
temperatures, call them A,B,C,D had to be the same for each day. And
you didn't have things like the CM67 party button which makes
overriding the standard program dead easy.