Stuart Noble

dennis@home wrote:
"Brian Sharrock" wrote in message

I need to know - or phrase a question that camera shop folks can answer-
how do I utilise the tripod (that I've got) with a camera?

Any help will be appreciated ... I can't be the first to have this
'problem'
can I?

Unless you have a lathe or know someone who can turn and thread an adapter
then it will be cheaper to buy a tripod.
They start at about £12.

Photographic tripods will be a light lighter to carry about too.

*If* you can find a tube with the correct thread you may be able to araldite
a 1/4" whitworth bolt into it to take a ball and socket head.

I'm sure you could araldite any combination of nuts and bolts into a
section of copper tube to give you the connections you need. The length
of thread might be the difficult bit.
I have 1/4" bolts on the end of various bits of wood. Useful for macro work