Brian Sharrock

Default Tripod Attachment to mount camera

I have a laser leveller which came with a tripod ...
I also have a camera ...
the tripod's device mounting bolt is the wrong size for the camera.

Does anybody know of any outfit that might sell an adaptor tripod-to-camera?
[I've tried to Google and even tried talking to a 'yoof' in Jessops withj no
joy]
There seems to be a plethora of adjustable 'heads' for panning, tilting et
al,
cameras - but these all seem to attach on to a 'standard' camera bolt.

The tripod has a shiny 'bolt' which when unscrewed appears to be
an 18mm o.d. fine threaded attachment to the tripod's vertical tube.
On top of this bolt is a stub which appears to be 15mm o.d. with a
coarse thread - [the laser leveller's plate screw onto this].
The camera screws onto a standard(?) 1/4"(6mm0 bolt ... at least
it accepted a M&S mini tripod without problem.

I need to know - or phrase a question that camera shop folks can answer-
how do I utilise the tripod (that I've got) with a camera?

Any help will be appreciated ... I can't be the first to have this 'problem'
can I?

--

Brian