Larry Jaques wrote:
On 3 Oct 2005 17:43:17 -0700, with neither quill nor qualm,
quickly quoth:

lots snipped here and there....

There are plastic pipe materials that are rated for gaseous usage, but
PVC and CPVC are not and anyone that uses them for air service has
basically installed a hair triggered bomb in their shop. When it goes,
and it's not a question of will it go, but when it goes, it will do so
violently and with all sorts of shrapnel that can do significant
damage.

Methinks you've taken this a wee bit OVERBOARD, C. Man, I'll bet you
even ground your PVC dust collector lines, don't you? titter

Don't have a dust collector system and if I did it wouldn't be in PVC
anyway. I get a little freaky over this subjuct because since the last
big discussion on this I had to take a fellow employee to the hospital
for over 50 stiches to his face when a 1" PVC air line with less than
30 psig on it exploded in his face. The shop owner was like you and poo
pooed the safety problem with air and PVC. By the time we got back from
the hospital, the entire PVC air system had been torn out of the shop
and a temp system with tons of hoses and pigs had been set up. I left
the company before the OSHA fine came down, but I know it wsa pretty
hefty.

I get a little anal about certain safety controlled items. Where I
work, even a minute mistake with the work procedures can at minimum
cause huge hazmat cleanup bills all the way to killing numerous people.
I've still got all my body parts and they all work and there are very
few extral holes in me that shouldn't be there and I intend on keeping
it that way for another few decades.

Don't have anyting to do with Corvairs...neat cars, but I play
airplanes for a hobby and a living. The cv comes from my first name and
my wife's.

Craig C.

Screen name has nothing to do with