Gunner

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 06:29:21 -0700, Larry Jaques
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:28:52 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm,
Ignoramus1729 quickly quoth:

yep, from the mag... no, the gun was clean.

Was it well oiled?

The only gun that I am not
cleaning well is my AK-47.

What does Federal Room and Board cost you for that thing, Ig?

I know I went through 90 rounds in one in about 30 seconds at
the MG Shoot a couple years ago, so I'm not counting ammo. Yes,
I know that was a long time to go through that few rounds, but
I was seeing how it felt with single shots in SA mode, small
bursts in FA, and then let it loose, taking out the windshield
in the demo van downrange. What a hoot! Once I got used to the
rise from the FA fire (it leveled out after about 5 rounds),
it became much more tame to aim.

Few AK-47s sold in the US are full auto. The legal ones are self
(California excepted)

Iggy should be aware that if he is shooting mil-surp or imported
ammo..he may be damageing his barrel and gas system by not rigourously
cleaning it as many of those are corrosive primed.

Gunner

Confronting Liberals with the facts of reality is very much akin to
clubbing baby seals. It gets boring after a while, but because Liberals are
so stupid it is easy work." Steven M. Barry