azotic

"Lloyd E. Sponenburgh" wrote in message
m...

"Ignoramus1729" wrote in message
.. .
Such people are the majority of "contractors" who work around
homes. It is a typical case, in my experience, not an exception. I
think that people who can actually do what they set out to do,
actually end up in different trades.

I'll second that opinion. In our area there continues to be a great deal
of new construction. When one can find a contractor willing to do fix-up
or clean-up work you're very lucky if they finish. "Things get in the
way".

I've had eight or ten such experiences in the last six years here. Last
year we hired a professional brush-clearing firm to clean out around our
fish pond. It's a good four hundred feet of bank, and was heavily
over-grown.

The bid-man came out with a trailer full of those heavy-duty brush chopper
mowers that have the blade sticking out the front end -- like the DR brush
mowers, only seriously bigger. He had two other strapping young fellows
in the crew cab.

He gave us a bid (a bit high, but nobody else would bid), we accepted, and
he said they'd be back two days hence to start.

Imagine our surprise when they actually DID show up!

After two hours work, during which they cleaned out about 40' of bank,
they packed up and left, saying "it's too hard". DUH? They physically
saw the site and made the bid based upon the characteristics. Then they
quit.

It happens all the time.

LLoyd

I want to replace 600 sq foot of sod ( Vegas ), called 3 companies from the
yellow pages
two were no shows the third guy came over and quoted me $1890.00 for the
job.

Time to change occupations landscaping pays much better than making chips.

Best Regards
Tom.