Don Foreman

On Mon, 3 Oct 2005 18:46:13 -0700, "SteveB"
wrote:

I had a man and crew scheduled to come today and cut down a tree. All they
had to do was show up, do the work, and get ca$h.

They didn't show up. I called, and he said he was doing bookkeeping, but he
would try to get there this afternoon. Never showed up.

Everyone wants a job, and no one wants to work.

Sheesh.

Steve

Some of the best craftsmen I know are terrible at schedules. It's
like herding cats. It took me two years to corral the concrete guy I
wanted to do the foundation for my addition. I wasn't in a hurry,
it was well worth the wait.

Cutting down a tree may or may not be craft, depends on the tree and
surroundings. Watching a really good arborist at work is quite a
thrill. It's precision work.

60-foot tree with split trunk that was aimed right at my house is now
firewood. First clue upon return from a trip was when Mary spotted
the chain I'd use to brace it coiled neatly on my concrete apron. I
missed the show, too bad. I didn't expect that job to be done
before Thanksgiving, but maybe the guy owed Neighbor Con a favor.
(It was Con's tree).

Con helped me unload my genny tonight, the one that I got from my
neighbor at the lake. I am shot with luck to have good neighbors!