ATP*

"Wayne Cook" wrote in message
On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:37:59 GMT, Nick Hull
wrote:

In article ,
"habbi" wrote:

What is the burst pressure of 1/2" black poly tubing rated for 100psi. I
want to bury it as an air line between my house and work building so it
will
have up to 125 psi in it. I have a lot of it for free that is why I want
use it.

I used that stuff for some outdoor water faucets in the garden. All of
it eventually failed (split) at the barb connections. I only run 40 psi
water pressure.

Actually it depends on which stuff he has. The newer poly pipes are
very good especially if he's got gas service rated. It's about all the
gas companies are putting in the ground now days.

Wayne Cook
Shamrock, TX

That would be HDPE, high density polyethylene, also used for the jacket on
direct bury primary cable.