Larry Jaques

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 23:01:42 GMT, with neither quill nor qualm, xray
quickly quoth:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 22:48:09 GMT, (Doug White)
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:57:53 GMT, Ignoramus1729
wrote:

I really am not looking to
start a gun law discussion here.

Like you have any way to prevent that should it decide to erupt.

Good wishes on the solution to the real problem, though. I'm guessing
you are probably with me on this, but the idea of drilling into the
front of the round to drain the powder is not something that I would do.

I think gently tapping on the nose of the round with a dowel would be
safer than drilling. It sounds like a few gentle taps should do it. The
round got jammed in there by the forse of the slide closing, so it
shouldn't take more that that to dislodge it. I wouldn't use a hammer to
hit the dowel, but a moderately long stick. That way if anything weird
happens, there won't be anything metal in the way. Just make sure the
muzzle is pointed in a safe direction at all times.

I thought he said the slide is jammed too.

He did, but that's probably the extractor linked to it and hanging
up on the stuck brass. Doug's idea is what I'd try, with the chamber
opening away from me. Once the slug has slid into the brass, holding
the rifle upside down might (with the dowel or brass welding rod
against the slug for clearance) release the powder so it would be a
bit safer to more firmly tap the dowel.

--
"Most Folks Are As Happy As They Make Up Their Minds To Be"
-Abraham Lincoln