Bob Ward

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 15:12:56 GMT, doubter
wrote:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 01:58:41 GMT, Bob Ward wrote:

On Tue, 04 Oct 2005 00:07:49 GMT, doubter
wrote:

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 20:49:16 GMT, Bob Ward wrote:

They offer flat rate international calling? (That's what this part of the
thread was about.)

Broadvoice VOIP does...

Thanks for introducing something factual to the thread. Unfortunately
their "world" doesn't include my world. :-(

Do we have to guess, or will you tell us what "world" you need to
communicate with?

Sorry Bob, I didn't realize you were going to continue to look for an
international flat rate plan for me. The gesture is appreciated. A large
part of my world is South Africa.

Looks like Broadvoice wouldn't be the answer, then... their coverage
includes:

Unlimited calling to 35 countries including the United States:
Australia
Netherlands
Austria
Norway
Belgium
Singapore
Canada
Spain
Chile
Sweden
China
Switzerland
Denmark
Taiwan
France
United Kingdom
Germany
United States
Ireland
Vatican City
Italy

Additional countries included in
Unlimited World PLUS:

Argentina
Luxembourg
Brazil
Malaysia
Czech Republic
New Zealand
Finland
Poland
Greece
Portugal
Israel
San Marino
Japan
South Korea

Googling on voip South Africa resulted ion the following
information:
http://www.afrol.com/articles/12786
Misanet / ITWebNews, 27 May - A new report suggests that South
Africa's government is currently undermining the country's position as
a technology leader in Africa by its restrictive ICT legislation.
While countries such as Algeria, Mauritius, Mali, Nigeria and Kenya
all embrace the use of new technologies like VOIP and WiFi, South
Africa prohibits this for the short-term protection of jobs.

- It is extremely ironic that the South African government's
legislative efforts that affect new technologies like voice over IP
(VOIP) and wireless fidelity (WiFi) are actually working against the
development goals it is hoping to achieve. This is the view of
Bridges.org, an international non-profit organisation that promotes
the effective use of ICT in the developing world, with the aim of
reducing poverty and improving people's lives.

In a recent report, the organisation claims that unless government
aligns its intentions with its actions, it may soon undermine the
country's position as a technology leader in Africa, which would go
against the ICT strategy laid out by South Africa's ruling ANC party.

-----

So, it looks like your country's leadership needs to be realigned to
solve this conundrum.