SteveB

"dean" wrote in message
oups.com...
Not sure how long a bar should last. I've sharpened the chains many
times now and it seems great. Just wondering how long bars last and how
it will show itself.

Thanks!

Dean

I know very little about this, but will share what I just read in my new
Husky instruction and safety manual. The bar will start becoming mushroom
shaped when looked at from the end with no chain in it. Also, remove the
chain and bar, and rub your fingertips lightly FROM THE CENTER OUTWARD. If
you feel a lip on the outer edge of the bar, it is worn. BE CAREFUL, as you
can cut your fingers. They say to just file it flat again. If it is worn
too much, the chain won't seat in there, and you will see a small space
between the chain and the bar.

They said to turn the bar over EVERY DAY to get it to wear evenly

Steve