Wayne Boatwright

On Mon 03 Oct 2005 04:59:53p, rob786 wrote in alt.home.repair:

Hi,
We plan to install an over-the-hood microwave over our gas range by
replacing the existing hood. Can you give some tips/advice on how to do
it and what precautions to take regarding the gas/electric lines and
also compatibility of the vents?
Thanks.

First, it's a fairly easy job, even easier with two people. I only have
experience with the GE line, but their instructions are more than ample for
the average person to do a perfect job. The GEs, at least, have a power cord
with a grounded plug which feeds up through the bottom of the cabinet where
you're installing it. You will need to provide a power outlet in the
cabinet. Most of these units can be vented either through the rear or
through the top into the cabinet. There should be no conflict between your
gas line and the location of the power outlet for the micro.

--
Wayne Boatwright *¿*

http://tinypic.com/dzijap.jpg

Popie-In-The-Bowl