william kossack

With my DVR when I put on a new chunk I start out at 100 rpm (unless I'm
sure of the ballance). Then I slowly crank up the rpm. If I reach a
point where I'm seeing too much vibration I crank it back and start
rounding.

PS very interesting news about the new DVR XP. Headstock with windings
to give more power and new electronics that give more power at low rpm.
There are or will be kits available to upgrade an existing DVR to the
new electronics.

mac davis wrote:
On Fri, 30 Sep 2005 17:25:50 -0400, "George" George@least wrote:

"mac davis" wrote in message
. ..

I think that the more we turn, the less we change speed... at least while

working on a bowl or such..

I tend to agree. Two speeds roughing, 350 slow until it's round, then 700
inside are about all I use. Still changing belt positions though. For dry
stuff, 700 is the start and end.

I would love to turn at 350!!

For an average bowl (8" - 10") I pretty much rough at 450, turn at 600 and sand
at 450...
I'd love to cut my speeds in half, starting at 225 and going to 1,500... I can't
imagine turning anything at 1,500 or especially at 3,000!

mac

Please remove splinters before emailing