keith

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 11:15:54 -0400, Goedjn wrote:

My method is to lay down two eight foot 4 X 4 pressure treated beams flat
on the ground , and stack the wood on them. The firewood will last for at
least 2 or 3 years like this, even if uncovered. It will last much longer
than that if covered with a tarp.

I also used 4 X 4 pressure treated but instead created a rack. End
posts used metal anchoring spikes for further protection. First row
begins about 8 inches off the ground. Simple roof covering is green
tarp which barely extends to the edges. Rock solid and not an eyesore.

You people are weird. We always just laid a pair of the longer,
thinner trees longways, and stacked the split wood on top of that.
The stringers rot, but who cares? If you're storing wood
for more than two years, the best place to put it is attached to
a living tree. If you're using it faster than that then you
only have to worry about rot if you're using poplar, or some other
cellulose sponge.

I just put it in the garage. I don't use much (backup and when it's below
-20F), so it sits there just fine. It lights easy too! ;-)

--
Keith
--Goedjn