James

Yes, and when the tree-stringers rot, you nice firewood is laying on the
ground, which is what we are trying to avoid............

--James--

You people are weird. We always just laid a pair of the longer,
thinner trees longways, and stacked the split wood on top of that.
The stringers rot, but who cares? If you're storing wood
for more than two years, the best place to put it is attached to
a living tree. If you're using it faster than that then you
only have to worry about rot if you're using poplar, or some other
cellulose sponge.

--Goedjn