Mike O.

On Sun, 02 Oct 2005 16:55:40 GMT, "Clint"
wrote:

Anyway, I need to move my Rockwell (now Delta)
contractor style table saw. I have removed the
table extensions, the fence, the fence rails,
the blade, table insert and splitter.

My question is this. The motor is on a swing
arm and is held up by tension from the drive belt.
Can I leave the motor attached (in it's normal
operating position) for the ride? I will be driving
it about 1/2 hour in a pickup truck.

Get a pair of wire cutters and about 10" from the motor snip that wire
in two. Go to the hardware store and get a male and female end for an
extension cord and attach them to the wire you just cut. It takes
about 10 minutes and costs about $5.00 and solves the problem forever.

We used these saws on the job for years and this was always the first
mod we made to them since we had to move them every two weeks or so.

A few years back, Delta finally started doing this at the factory.
The standard motor now has a short pig tail on it.

Mike O.