Dave Hinz

On Mon, 03 Oct 2005 21:44:59 GMT, Ignoramus1729 wrote:
On 3 Oct 2005 21:11:01 GMT, Dave Hinz wrote:

Another thought, and I'm not sure if it's a good one, would be to make a
sleeve to go into the barrel, out of nylon or similar. Protect the
rifling, go in with a gun drill, and take a hole (.125 or so?) through
the bullet.

hm, hot gun drill drilling into gun powder...

Wouldn't be hot though, would it?

let me do this when I pay you, but before you ship the die grinder to
me. (insider joke)

Heh. This has all signs of becoming a recurring joke...

I will try to see if there is anything that I can do with a
screwdriver from the magazine side. The magazine is removed at this
point.

If you can see the back or bottom of the rim, maybe you can get an idea
of if it's in there cocked or something.

Would I be out of place in asking how the hell this happened in the
first place?

There is this gun range with a "shooting pit" where people go and
shoot their repeating rifles (mostly). It is a big pit full of mud,
trash, and, this month, with some pumpkins.

Ah, yes. Pumpkins.

I had a friend who recently separated from his wife.
So, we had fun shooting at pumpkins with my Kalashnikov.

Good therapy that.

At that point, we decided to try the Beretta. I put some bullets into
the magazine, released the slide and it got stuck. Then we shot
remaining 7.62x39 ammo and went home.

Was this the first shot of the day on that gun? When was the last time
it was fired, and/or cleaned? I'm wondering if this isn't just "crud in
chamber" more than "wrong type of round". Fed from the magazine, I
assume?