RDF

Guys- Was this a re-run? The last episodes I saw is where they were getting
the laser cutter and started the production bike kits.
What a loss! That was one cool guy. I would give my front teeth to work
in a shop with that atmosphere and a guy like Gary to learn from. They have
to be devastated beyond belief. (especially his two sidekicks) They were
just in AWS magazine last month too. Wow, I can't believe it.... You figure
the steroid loaded Tetul Sr. would drop before a laid back clover hunting
guy who I never saw get angry or even stress out. Sort of makes you think.
I can't believe it. I was a Larry DeSchmidt fan since I was a kid and the
only tattoo I have is his logo under my left wrist. I wear my Rolex and I
look at it to keep me inspired and when things get tough and I need to bust
my ass a little harder I look at the bottom of my wrist and Larry's logo is
there underneath it, opposite to let me know it's all gonna work out in the
end. My Ying/Yang thing.
I'm floored that Gary passed. I would have never figured... Really makes
you think. I called and made an appt for a total physical after reading
this. And one of the "Total body cardio scans" Just seems so unfair. I
just feel bad for the people he left behind.

Respects,

Rob Fraser

Fraser Competition Engines
Chicago, IL.
Long Beach, CA.
"wallster" wrote in message
oups.com...

Keith Marshall wrote:
I watched a rerun of Southern Steel this morning on Discovery Channel and
happened to notice at the end they displayed a message saying something
like: In loving memory of Gary Woodford, 1953 - 2005.

If you've ever watched the show you know Gary as the older guy with the
long
ZZ-Top style beard that did nearly all of the metalworking and was fun to
watch. The show includes a bit more actual metalwork than others and a
bit
less of the BS although the boss does get annoying at times. ;-)

Gary was obiously the most creative and impressive of the bunch. He
seemed
to have a really unique outlook on life. Once when he was having a tough
time with something, rather than get ****ed off and rant and rave like
many
of us might do he walked outside to find a 4-leaf clover. :-)

I'd never heard his last name and wasn't sure if he was the one mentioned
so
I did a Google search but didn't find anything. Then I tried

http://www.milwaukeeiron.com

and found that it was indeed him. He passed away just a couple of days
ago
but they don't say why.

He had an apparent heart attack.
http://www.wset.com/news/stories/0905/264192.html