Asimov

"qdot" bravely wrote to "All" (02 Oct 05 23:35:18)
--- on the heady topic of "phone jack help needed"

Jae,

Use a multimeter to identify the wires...

A*s*i*m*o*v

qd From: "qdot"
qd Xref: core-easynews sci.electronics.repair:343964

qd Hi,
qd I have moved into a house that I believe used to be a sales office or
qd something that has mutiple phone line capability (according to the
qd phone company guy). The problem is that there is only one jack is
qd working right now and it's in the master closet. It's a pain in the
qd ass...

qd The phone guy says he can find out how to make other jacks active to
qd share my phone number (I don't intend to use mutiple lines for now)
qd but will charge ~$100/hr to do that. It sounds like a simple thing to
qd do according to him but I don't know how.

qd Can anyone help me figure this out? I may not have given all the
qd information to answer this question but I don't know where to begin
qd but to ask in the news group for expert opinion to begin...

qd Thanks,
qd Jae

.... Just a little force field zap.